為探索亞太地區多元的社會創新模式，並鼓勵更多有志者投入社會創新領域，特設立「亞太社會創新合作獎」，評選及獎勵亞太地區連結多元利害關係人創造顯著社會影響力之社會創新合作夥伴案例，而合作案例需直接以實踐聯合國永續發展目標(Sustainable Development Goals，以下簡稱SDGs)為核心價值。
社會創新意指藉由科技或商業模式的創新應用，改變社會個群體間的相互關係，並從這樣的改變中找到解決社會問題的新途徑。本獎項以鼓勵社會創新合作案例為宗旨，將17項聯合國永續發展目標（Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs）整合為「環境永續」、「經濟共融」與「社會共榮」3個獎項。分別說明如下：
評審團特別獎( Special Jury Award)除以上類別，另特別增設「評審團特別獎」，表揚年度評審團綜合評選所有申請案例後最具代表性之合作案例，不受報名類別限制。
※ 因應COVID-19 疫情對世界秩序的影響，人類必須思考如何去面對疫情帶來的嶄新生活型態。故今年評審團特別獎以 “New Reality”為主題，鼓勵於疫情中走出創新之路的合作案例，希望透過經驗交流激發更多可能性。惟報名時仍需在「環境永續」、「經濟共融」、「社會共榮」三類中擇一報名。
- 報名時間：2021/01/10~2021/03/01 (GMT+8 17:00)
- 若有任何報名問題請寄信至: firstname.lastname@example.org將有專人於三個工作天內回覆。
- 得獎單位社群（APSIPA Alumni）與活動參與
I. Award Objectives
With the gradual increase of global risks, how to develop innovative practices to ensure a future with sustainability will become mainstream. The Asia Pacific Social Innovation Partnership Award is established to explore dynamic social innovation models in the Asia Pacific and to motivate more change-makers to contribute to social innovation, discovering and celebrating social innovation partnerships that connect diverse stakeholders and make significant social impacts. Cases of partnerships will be required to set achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (the SDGs) as their core value.
II. Award Details
- Cases that were executed in the Asia Pacific region related to social innovation that falls under the award categories. All organizations are qualified to apply.
- Only one application can be filed in the name of one organization on the same case. If more than one application is filed, only the earliest application will be considered. Each organization can only apply for a category with one application.
- Cases which started after June 2020 are not qualified.
ii. Award Categories
Social innovation is the deployment of innovative technologies or business models to change interrelationships among individuals and groups in the society, and it helps develop new approaches to social problems with the changes. The award sets motivating social innovation partnerships as its purpose, integrating 17 SDGs sorted into three categories, Biosphere Sustainability, Inclusive Business and Social Prosperity. The integration and interrelationships of the SDGs are emphasized to establish development models that fit the needs of our time without harming the interests of future generations. Three winners will be chosen from each category and there will be one Special Jury Prize chosen by the judging panel to celebrate the worthiest case, specified in the following.
The Biosphere Sustainability AwardThe purpose of this award is to encourage cases of social innovation partnerships devoted to environmental protection and sustainability, acknowledging that a favorable natural environment is fundamental to all human activities. The highly related corresponding SDGs are SDG6: Clean Water and Sanitation, SDG13: Climate Action, SDG14: Life below Water, and SDG15: Life on Land.
The Inclusive Business AwardThe award values socially innovative approaches to economic activities and commerce. Innovation, in terms of economics, does not only imply increase in income or employment, but also decrease in inequality and negative impacts, as well responsible measures to forward economic growth and cycle. The highly related corresponding SDGs are SDG8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, SDG9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, SDG10: Reduced Inequality and SDG12: Responsible Consumption and Production.
The Social Prosperity AwardThe award focuses on social innovation initiatives relevant to fundamental dignity in human society. The highly related corresponding SDGs are SDG1: No Poverty, SDG2: Zero Hunger, SDG3: Good Health and Well-Being, SDG4: Quality Education, SDG5: Gender Equality, SDG7: Affordable and Clean Energy ,SDG11: Sustainable Cities and Communities and SDG16: Peace, justice and strong institutions.
Special Jury PrizeIn addition to the awards mentioned above, the Special Jury Prize will be chosen by the judging panel to honor the worthiest case of the year, which is not limited to the registered category of it.※ To minimize the impact of COVID-19 on the global economy, environment and people's livelihoods, we should take “new lifestyle and mindset” into consideration. This year, the theme of the Special Jury Prize is “The New Reality”, which will honor social innovative cases exploring innovative way to sustain in the COVID-19 pandemic, encouraging partnership experiences sharing across the Asia Pacific. However, applicants are required to choose one category (Biosphere Sustainability, Inclusive Business, Social Prosperity) when registering. If applications are related to the theme, please apply for the category additionally.
iii. Selection Process
- Qualification review: All applications will be reviewed for whether the information provided is comprehensive and whether the cases connect to SDGs. If an application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified to submit additional information. The application will not be considered if all necessary documents are not submitted before the application deadline.
- First round of selection: The award judge panel is comprised of experts and practitioners in the field of social innovation in the Asia Pacific. The judging panel will be divided by award categories to review application documents and score applications according to the four aspects listed below. All the applications must also correspond with the related SDGs in each aspect. Applications which are scored top five in each award category can enter the final round of selection. For the candidates of the Special Jury Prize, the judge panel will consider the correlation between the theme and applications, and applications which are scored top three can enter the final round of selection. If there are two application cases with the same score, the one with the higher “Impact” aspect score will be given priority.
- Final round of selection: Organizations which are shortlisted will be invited to participated in the online final judge meeting. There will be a 5-minute pitch and a 5-minute Q&A section for each finalist. The judging panel is comprised of the ones from the first round of selection. Organizations which are scored top three in each category will be awarded. If there are two application cases with the same score, the one with the higher “Impact” aspect score will be given priority. The judge panel will consider the correlation between the theme and shortlisted applications and select the winner of the Special Jury Award.
30 %The case connects to the SDGs set out by the UN and entails a specific and significant social impact.
25 %The case engages multiple stakeholders to facilitate crossover collaboration.
25 %The case makes use of technologies, science and knowledge to breaks out of business as usual (BAU).
20 %The case is sustainable. For example, it has a stable financial model, comprehensive operation model and good response mechanism to the external environment.
- Application period: 2021/01/10 - 2021/03/01 (GMT+8 17:00)
- Application website: https://si.taiwan.gov.tw/Home/ap_apply
- Please fill in the online application form in English only, and follow all the requirements (Appendix 1). At least one supporting document should be submitted along with the application; otherwise, the application will not be considered. Please complete the online application to enter the review and selection processes.
- Applicants are required to choose one category when registering, and are not allowed to alter the decision.
- Please fill in the recommendation form (Appendix 2), if applicable.
- The APSIPA taskforce will organize resources and build up connections among applicants and partners based on the needs from applicants in order to facilitate learning by sharing among organizations across different countries and areas. All the applicants are encouraged to fill in “APSIPA social network survey” (Appendix 3). We encourage applicants to share their most challenging pain points and challenges for the case. All the information will only be used for the arrangement of resources such as counseling and webinars for the members of the APSIPA social network. For the resources mentioned above will be open to the applicants.
- If you have any question regarding application, please contact us at email@example.com. We will reply in two business days.
v. Awards and Prizes
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of the related events will be held online. Winners will be awarded with the following prizes and resources:
- Attending the online award ceremony
- Awarded with a trophy
- Awarded with a certificate
- Attending online roundtable comprised of the judging panel and the winners
- Gaining free tickets for Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit
- Joining the APSIPA social network with free access in all the events hosted by the network
- Gaining marketing resources
The award is organized by Small and Medium Enterprise Administration, Ministry of Economic Affairs and implemented by KPMG Taiwan.
- Applicants must not submit any false documents or information, and they must follow all the requirements. If the provided information does not meet the requirements, the organizers has the right to reject the application. If the information provided by an award-winning organization is proved to be false, the organization will be disqualified and deprived of the trophy.
- A shortlisted organization should designate a representative to attend the final judge meeting, the award ceremony and relative activities. If the organization is unable to do so, the chance will be given to other organizations in the same award category (in the order of the final scores they receive).
- The award-winning organizations will need to consent to the use of relevant sue of the cases in follow-up marketing, promotion and media exposure.
- The organizer reserves the right to change any content related to the award at any time.
- Preliminary timeline:
2021/01/10-03/01Application and promotionInternational promotion and call for application. Application should be done online. We would send a confirmation email to the applicant after we receive the application.
2021/03/01-03/17First round of selectionAll the qualified applications will be reviewed by the international judging panel. 5 finalists will be selected from each category A total of 15 finalists will be selected.
2021/03/19Announcement of the shortlistThe shortlist will be announced online, and the selected organizations will be invited to attend the judge meeting.
2021/03/25Final Presentation and Judge meeting (online)The finalists need to prepare a 5-minute presentation and a 5-minute Q&A. The judging panel will select 10 winners, including 3 winners from each category, and 1 Special Jury Award.
2021/03/31Announcement of the winnerThe winner will be announced online, and will be invited to attend the award ceremony and the 2021 Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit.
2021/04/10※ Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of the events will be held online.Award ceremonyWinners will be invited to join the online ceremony.Online sharing sessionThe shortlisted organizations will be invited to join the exclusive event to share their experiences and interact with the judging panel in the Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit.