為探索亞太地區多元的社會創新模式，並鼓勵更多有志者投入社會創新領域，特設立「亞太社會創新合作獎」，評選及獎勵亞太地區連結多元利害關係人創造顯著社會影響力之社會創新合作夥伴案例，而合作案例需直接以實踐聯合國永續發展目標(Sustainable Development Goals，以下簡稱SDGs)為核心價值。
- 設立於亞太地區 之組織。無論是企業（一般企業與社創企業）、NGO、中介組織、學校或政府單位，只要從事社會創新合作相關業務，且業務內容與符合本獎項鼓勵範疇均具受推薦或自行申請資格。
社會創新意指藉由科技或商業模式的創新應用，改變社會個群體間的相互關係，並從這樣的改變中找到解決社會問題的新途徑。本獎項以鼓勵社會創新合作案例為宗旨，將17項聯合國永續發展目標（Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs）整合為「環境永續」、「經濟共融」與「社會共榮」3個獎項。分別說明如下：
評審團特別獎( Special Jury Award)除以上類別，另特別增設「評審團特別獎」，表揚年度評審團綜合評選所有申請案例後認為值得特別鼓勵之申請案，不受報名類別限制。
- 報名時間：2020/02/01-2020/06/01 (GMT+8 17:00) ，延長收件截止時間至2020/07/01 (GMT+8 17:00)
- 因應疫情，今年獎項相關活動將全面採取線上舉行。通過工作小組初選的合作案例，將於 2020年8月底至9月底間，參加評審團線上決選會議、頒獎活動和亞太社會創新高峰會相關活動等等。得獎案例將可獲得相關媒體專題報導。因應疫情，相關執行方式工作小組將另行通知。
- 若有任何報名問題請寄信至: firstname.lastname@example.org將有專人於兩個工作天內回覆。
2020/09/21-09/25(完整時程表請見 「5. 入圍單位決選與交流時程表」)※因應新型冠狀病毒疫情，將採線上形式進行。
News: Finalist Announcement
For further questions, please feel free to contact at:email@example.com.
For further questions, please feel free to contact at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Award Objectives
With the gradual increase of global risks, how to develop innovative practices to ensure a future with sustainability will become mainstream. The Asia Pacific Social Innovation Partnership Award is established to explore dynamic social innovation models in the Asia Pacific and to motivate more change-makers to contribute to social innovation, discovering and celebrating social innovation partnerships that connect diverse stakeholders and make significant social impacts. Cases of partnerships will be required to set achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (the SDGs) as their core value.
II. Award Details
- Organizations in the Asia Pacific region which conduct business related to social innovation that falls under the award categories, including but not limited to both general and social enterprises, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), intermediary organizations, schools and government agencies.
- Only one application can be filed in the name of one organization on the same project. If more than one application is filed, only the earliest application will be considered.
- Projects which finished before April 2019 or start after March 2020 are not qualified.
ii. Award Categories
Social innovation is the deployment of innovative technologies or business models to change interrelationships among individuals and groups in the society, and it helps develop new approaches to social problems with the changes. The award sets motivating social innovation partnerships as its purpose, integrating 17 SDGs sorted into three categories, Biosphere Sustainability, Inclusive Business and Social Prosperity. The integration and interrelationships of the SDGs are emphasized to establish development models that fit the needs of our time without harming the interests of future generations. Three winners will be chosen from each category and there will be one Special Jury Prize chosen by the judging panel to celebrate the most worthy case, specified in the following.
The Biosphere Sustainability AwardThe purpose of this award is to encourage cases of social innovation partnerships devoted to environmental protection and sustainability, acknowledging that a favorable natural environment is fundamental to all human activities. The highly related corresponding SDGs are SDG6: Clean Water and Sanitation, SDG13: Climate Action, SDG14: Life below Water, and SDG15: Life on Land.
The Inclusive Business AwardThe award values socially innovative approaches to economic activities and commerce. Innovation, in terms of economics, does not only imply increase in income or employment, but also decrease in inequality and negative impacts, as well responsible measures to forward economic growth and cycle. The highly related corresponding SDGs are SDG8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, SDG9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, SDG10: Reduced Inequality and SDG12: Responsible Consumption and Production.
The Social Prosperity AwardThe award focuses on social innovation initiatives relevant to fundamental dignity in human society. The highly related corresponding SDGs are SDG1: No Poverty, SDG2: Zero Hunger, SDG3: Good Health and Well-Being, SDG4: Quality Education, SDG5: Gender Equality, SDG7: Affordable and Clean Energy ,SDG11: Sustainable Cities and Communities and SDG16: Peace, justice and strong institutions.
※ Applicants are required to choose one category when registering, and are not allowed to alter the decision.
Special Jury PrizeIn addition to the awards mentioned above, the Special Jury Prize will be chosen by the judging panel to honor the most worthy case of the year, which is not limited to the registered category of it.※ This year, the Special Jury Prize will honor social innovative cases addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, encouraging partnership experiences sharing across the Asia Pacific in this epidemic. However, applicants are required to choose one category (Biosphere Sustainability, Inclusive Business, Social Prosperity) when registering.
iii. Selection Process
- Qualification review: All applications will be reviewed for whether the information provided is comprehensive and whether the projects connect to SDGs. If an application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified to submit additional information. The application will not be considered if all necessary documents are not submitted before the application deadline.
- First round of selection: APSIPA task force comprised of experts and scholars of social innovation will score applications according to the four aspects listed below. Applications which are scored top five in each award category can enter the final round of selection. If there are two application cases with the same score, the one with the higher “Impact” aspect score will be given priority.
- Final round of selection: Organizations which are shortlisted will be invited to participated in the online final judge meeting. The award judge panel is comprised of experts and practitioners in the field of social innovation in the Asia Pacific. Organizations which are scored top three in each category will be awarded. If there are two application cases with the same score, the one with the higher “Impact” aspect score will be given priority. The judge panel will consider all aspects of the shortlisted applications and select the winner of the Special Jury Award.
25 %The project engages multiple stakeholders to facilitate crossover collaboration.
25 %The project makes use of technologies, science and knowledge to breaks out of business as usual (BAU).
20 %The project is sustainable. For example, it has a stable financial mode, comprehensive operation mode and good response mechanism to the external environment.
30 %The project connects to the SDGs set out by the UN and entails a specific and significant social impact.
- Application period: 2020/02/01-2020/06/01 (GMT+8 17:00). The deadline is extended to 2020/07/01 (GMT+8 17:00)
- Application website: https://si.taiwan.gov.tw/Home/ap_apply
- Please fill in the online application form in English only, and follow all the requirements (Appendix 1). At least one supporting document should be submitted along with the application; otherwise, the application will not be considered. Please complete the online application to enter the review and selection processes.
- Please select one award category to apply for. You may not change the category afterwards.
- To incorporate the themes of 2020 Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit, we will give extra points to organizations working on projects with the following SDGs: good health and wellbeing (Goal 3), quality education (Goal 4), gender equality (Goal 5), decent work and economic growth (Goal 8) and climate action (Goal 13).
- Please fill in the recommendation form (Appendix 2), if applicable.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of the related events will be held online. Organizations which are shortlisted will participate in the Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit and Asia Pacific Social Innovation Partnership Award in August and September, attending the final presentation, award ceremony, and all the events in the summit. The winners will gain the international promotion through media interviews. The forms of related events will be announced along with the shortlist.
- If you have any question regarding application, please contact us at email@example.com. We will reply in two business days.
The award is organized by Ministry of Economic Affairs and implemented by KPMG Taiwan.
- Applicants must not submit any false documents or information, and they must follow all the requirements. If the provided information does not meet the requirements, the organizers has the right to reject the application. If the information provided by an award-winning organization is proved to be false, the organization will be disqualified and deprived of the trophy.
- A shortlisted organization should designate a representative to attend the final judge meeting, the award ceremony and relative activities. If the organization is unable to do so, the subsidy will be given to other organizations in the same award category (in the order of the final scores they receive).
- The award-winning organizations will need to consent to the use of relevant sue of the projects in follow-up marketing, promotion and media exposure.
- The organizer reserves the right to change any content related to the award at any time.
- Preliminary timeline:
2020/02/01-07/01Application and promotionInternational promotion and call for application. Application should be done online. We’d send a confirmation email to the applicant after we receive the application.
2020/07/01-07/31First round of selectionAPSIPA task force will select 15 finalists out of all the organizations that pass the qualification review.
2020/07/31Announcement of the shortlistThe shortlist will be announced online, and the selected organizations will be invited to attend the 2020 Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit, APSIPA judge meeting, award ceremony and sharing session.
2020/08/28Final Presentation and Judge meeting (online)Representatives of shortlisted organizations need to prepare a 5-minute presentation and 5-minute Q&A. The award committee, which is comprised of experts in the field of social innovation, will review and select the winners.
(Please refer to 6. Itinerary for the shortlisted organization representatives for the complete schedule.)※ Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of the events will be held online.
Award ceremonyWinners will be announced in the ceremony.
Events on social impactRepresentatives of shortlisted organizations can attend events on social impact organized by the Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit.
Sharing sessionThe shortlisted organizations will share their experiences in the exclusive event in the Asia Pacific Social Innovation Summit.
Itinerary for the shortlisted organization representatives:
※ Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of the events will be held online.
2020/08/28 (Fri.)Final PresentationThe shortlisted organizations will give a 5-minute presentation and 5-minute Q&A. The award committee, which is comprised of experts in the field of social innovation, will review and select the winners in the judge meeting.
2020/09/21-2020/09/25Award ceremonyWinners will be announced in the ceremony.Events on social impactSocial innovation workshop
Asia Pacific Social Innovation SummitSharing sessionThe shortlisted organizations will share their experiences in the summit.